By rolling out the 5G standard by the end of the year, many IoT-driven FM opportunities will be made possible faster than initially planned.
The Initiative „Swiss IoT Guidelines for Smart Buildings“ wants to define a reference system that describes the technical and management resources that will be able to support the digital transition of the building.
They intend to define key parameters to ensure:
- An efficient communication with a reliable connectivity infrastructure, within the building, but also from the building to the outside world
- The interoperability of IT systems and IoT devices.
- A secure data exchange between the devices and the user services layer
- A proper governance and project management
While interoperability enables long-lasting base infrastructure, these conditions allow the building to become a real service platform, rich and scalable over time, and gaining in usage value.
This „Swiss IoT Guideline for Smart Buildings“ initiative ensures the constructive collaboration between telecom operators, hardware suppliers, real estate developers end engineering companies.
- Process and Performance Model (ProLeMo)
- SIA 113
- Ready 2 Services (France)